Re: Driving from Laredo

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Mexico Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by Abigail from 68.84.46.253 (pcp05073051pcs.ivylnd01.pa.comcast.net) on jueves, octubre 02, 2003 at 11:27:07 :

In Reply to: Driving from Laredo posted by Becky from 66.208.239.187 (66-208-239-187-cdnt02a-eatntn01-nj.hfc.comcastbusiness.net) on miércoles, octubre 01, 2003 at 13:35:12 :

My husband and I have often stopped at a spa south of San Luis Potosi call El Gorgoron (sp?). It is just past Villa de los Reyes, the first exit after the San Luis by-pass. You can rent a room with an ajoining thermal pool. It is also quite nice to wake up in the morning and swim in the larger outdoor thermal pool looking out at the mesas and seeing the Robins flitting about in the copa de oro vines.

Draw backs - if you get in late you may not be able to get food from the dinning room and Villa de los Reyes is not very tourist oriented. So we bring a rice steamer and eat canned soup and rolls. Also the room can get steamy and cold from the ajoining spa but they have blankets and it would be cold in your San Miguel room too. Also the road can be bumpy but is about the same as going to San Miguel.

We avoid traffic in Laredo by getting up and heading out at 5:30 a.m.. We can usually make it to San Miguel de Allende by dusk. But that's us and we're fairly seasoned Mexico travelers.

We bring our cell phone and I call my brother as we leave Mexican customs and I talk to him as far into Mexico as I can on our U.S. account. Then we reactivate it in Zihua.

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P.®, Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.