Salamanca and Morelia

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Mexico Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by Ron in Zihua from 200.65.171.143 (dup-200-65-171-143.prodigy.net.mx) on jueves, octubre 02, 2003 at 14:43:44 :

In Reply to: Driving from Laredo posted by Becky from 66.208.239.187 (66-208-239-187-cdnt02a-eatntn01-nj.hfc.comcastbusiness.net) on miércoles, octubre 01, 2003 at 13:35:12 :

2) I had a bit of problems finding that road coming from the other direction (Aguas Calientes via Irapuato) at the end of July and wound up asking a Federale who was parked by the side of the road. He kindly made me a map and detailed instructions. My point: if MCD's instructions don't work ... ask! Since my teenaged, non-driving daughter was navigating while I was steering through strange territory, we had some problems but, with that policeman and a few taxi drivers who were very co-operative, we got through with very little delay from Juarez to Zihua.

3) Just keep watching the signs for Patzcuaro or Uruapan - I think there is only one right-hand turn and the streets are wide going through Morelia. There is a Pemex just out of Morelia - don't forget to fill up as that's the last one on the highway until you are nearly at Z.

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P.®, Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.