Re: Las Brisas Ixtapa

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Mexico Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by Barbarita from 66.30.137.81 (h0007e98f1a2d.ne.client2.attbi.com) on miércoles, octubre 08, 2003 at 06:31:15 :

In Reply to: Las Brisas Ixtapa posted by Konstantin from San Jose, California from 12.108.188.134 (mailext.informatica.com) on martes, octubre 07, 2003 at 14:10:45 :

We have stayed at this hotel when it was Camino Real, when it was Westin and now that it is Las Brisas. Do we like it....NO...we LOVE it!

1. Have observed many families there with children. They seem to love playing on the beach but the breaking waves can be dangerous and most children seem to stay right at the edge of the water and never left unattended by an adult. There is a childrens pool right near the other pools. There is also a childrens play area near the pool.

2. The two-bed rooms appear to have two "queen size beds." If you want lots of room, have the two queens moved together and made up as one bed. Plenty of room for everyone.

3. I know there are rooms dedicated to non-smokers. I am not sure about entire floors.

4. The "open air" Bellavista restaurant is divided up...a section for non-smokers. Portofino is totally indoors with half the room for smokers and the other half for non-smokers with no wall to divide areas. The Mexicano restaurant is part indoors and part outdoors. Not sure how the division is made regarding smoking. The food in both Portofino and Mexicano is well worth trying.

5. Check the Las Brisas web site. Looks like your $135/night could include breakfast or some other "free options."

Have a great trip.

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P.®, Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.