Re: Golf courses

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Mexico Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by tom from 130.13.135.50 (vdsl-130-13-135-50.phnx.uswest.net) on domingo, noviembre 09, 2003 at 09:36:49 :

In Reply to: Golf courses posted by Hood Canal Gale from 198.81.26.108 (cache-ntc-ad07.proxy.aol.com) on martes, noviembre 04, 2003 at 22:40:59 :

Just returned from a week in Z and played the marina course twice. I generally agree with Hood Canal Gale but would like to make a few comments. (1) Take a caddie. I had a difficult time reading the grain on those greens but my caddie on both days had no problem and helped me save several pars and make a few birdies. The caddies also knew lots of local golf history, what side to avoid on my approach shots, and always knew my exact yardage. (2) The ~4 inch Bermuda rough is a killer. I couldn't use >7 iron out of that stuff, and hit one full SW only ~30 yds. (3) Play the azul tees. Much better course views from back there and the tees are perfect with zero divots--a caddie said that only ~1 in 30-40 play the tips. Overall, above avg condition, lots of water, green speed about 9, beautiful fairways, below avg traps due to too many rocks, very knowledgeable caddies, 138 slope from the tips, and penal rough. Value: excellent at only $50 with cart and an extra $20 for the caddie (compared to Cabo and Scottsdale this time of year: about $125-200 for a similar course and caddies are not available).

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P., Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.