decided against it

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Mexico Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by ZihuaRob from 200.65.171.76 (dup-200-65-171-76.prodigy.net.mx) on viernes, noviembre 21, 2003 at 08:57:16 :

In Reply to: Re: a barra de Potosi website now ? posted by Scott from 68.227.224.99 (ip68-227-224-99.ph.ph.cox.net) on viernes, noviembre 21, 2003 at 07:47:49 :

I bought domain names and took photos and wrote copy and made all kinds of plans for a special Barra de Potosí website several years ago, but then I thought better of it. La Barra simply does not need that kind of publicity, IMHO. I believe that enough people will discover it via the info I already offer, but to give it too much attention would be sounding its death knell for certain, and then those of us who live here would have no nearby refuge left to escape to.

La Barra is small with limited space. It is not a place to promote with the idea of attracting hordes of newcomers, some who will undoubtedly be afflicted with "developers mentality", others who think they may simply have to live there. All it takes is a few of those, and next thing you know La Barra's simple character is lost forever. The old "pave Paradise and put up a parking lot" syndrome is an unseparable by-product of mass tourism. I'll take Paradise, thank you. Poor but happy is an old tried and true way of life here. ;~)

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P.®, Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.