just back...quick notes

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Mexico Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by S2B from 152.163.252.168 (cache-rh08.proxy.aol.com) on domingo, noviembre 30, 2003 at 18:30:47 :

Trying to catch up with the news and keep the Zihuatanejo state of mind...

Our lazy days in Z were accented by the celebrations for the Dia de la Revolucion; we enjoyed the crowds, and all the events, we make an effort to get to the parade every year, and this year also enjoyed the various competitions that were being held around the town. The award ceremony that evening in the zocalo was great fun. When we wanted quieter times, we just stayed near the pool. This time of year we have Casa Tucanes almost all to ourselves...

Ate at EL MANGLAR on La Ropa (you don't have to dodge the crocs in the water on the beach, you can go around the back to enter) and do recommend it. Well prepared pulpo and we also tried the camarones, lovely presentation. Reasonable prices.

Found a wonderful camisa from Oaxaca at Lupita's shop this visit, perfect for the last evening's special dinner with our Mexican hosts.

Had to make more than one visit to EL PUEBLITO for meals...delicious pozole, also tried the borrego in chile verde, and when the niņos asked about the crocodile, they got a taste of that too. Very family oriented place to eat, lots to look at and all the while feels like you're visiting someone's patio at their rancho...the food was more 'spicy' than the typical "comida mexicana" we've tried at other similar restaurants, and because of this, we enjoyed it even more.

Spent a short time at La Barra visiting with Doņa Laura of Casa del Encanto. She is finding it difficult to get time on the computer, so I will mention for her that the cooperative of La Barra has managed a down payment on the small building near her B&B through the donations of many wonderful people who visit there, and there are plans in place to begin the modifications required to make the building a center for the children, and indeed the entire community. I do know it will house the children's library, and no doubt there are many other ideas as well. Maybe others who have more details can post them on this forum so we can all be kept up-to-date.

Very warm in Z this year for us northerners, warmer this November than I remember in the past four years...and I am feeling the cold right now...better break out the mescal from Seņor Gunnysack and melt back into Zihuatanejo dreams.

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P.Ū, Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.