trip report (not too long)

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Mexico Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by Linda H from 68.185.8.12 (44b90812.sac.ca.charter.com) on jueves, diciembre 04, 2003 at 22:38:10 :

Just returned from our 7 days in paradise. We got so much good info. on this board prior to our trip. Thanks to everyone!
We stayed at the Krystal in Ixtapa, our 5th time. We feel like family there by now and we love the people there. I know that there is the Ixtapa vs Zihua conflict on this board all the time. We love the Krystal and the pool and beach activities, but venture out to Zihua more and more each trip.
We had a great day fishing, which I had set up in advance with Ed K. As we had 7 people we needed a larger boat and he set us up on the Vamanos II with Cali and Ruben. We caught and released 3 sails and caught (and ate!) one dorado. The dorado was filleted by Cali and we took it to La Sirena Gorda for a wonderful family style dinner the first night. They prepared it three different ways (blackened, red sauce and garlic sauce) and it was incredible. The next night we had fillets at the grill on the beach at the Krystal and the fish was again, incredible.
Thanks, Ed for the great advice!!

We had a great day at Las Gatas at Otilia's.
Franco took good care of us, he is a real character! Our Thanksgiving feast was an incredible array of fresh fish and shrimp, cerviche and octopus, chips and guac, rice, beans, quesadillas and tacos, and of course beer! Our kids were amazed and no one minded not having turkey this year!
Massage on the beach in Ixtapa, 100 pesos for one hour!!! Pure heaven....
We had great meals at Mama Norma's, Soleiado and Daniel's in Z.(shrimp cocktails to die for!)

Hope these tidbits help someone! We are envious of all who are counting the days!

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P., Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.