Trip report, part 1

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Mexico Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by Melanie from 198.81.26.81 (cache-ntc-ac12.proxy.aol.com) on sábado, diciembre 20, 2003 at 21:46:36 :

My husband and I wed in Zihua on November 30. It was a whirlwind two weeks and full of fun and adventure. Being a reader of this board for about a year feel obligated to share some of our experiences with you. The two weeks went by fast!
We arrived in Z and our friends picked us up at the airport. A quick trip to the bodega for groceries, and then we decided we were hungry. I roughly remembered where Los Braseros was and directed our group there. Our friends had spent the night in El Centro the night before and had walked by Los Braseros, laughing because the sign said "A Mexican Food Restaurant". Later that evening they saw the place packed with Mexican diners. The next night was the same. The fish tacos and Al Pastor were wonderful, the Modelos cold, and the trip was certainly starting in the right direction. After a great meal, we loaded up in our little car and headed north to Troncones/Manzanillo Bay. Our friends were staying at La Canelita, we had reservations at Posada de los Raqueros. Raqueros was not my first choice in making accomodations, but I wanted to stay in Playa Manzanillo, and after staying there I don't feel we could have made a better choice. The web site for Raqueros does it no justice. It is a beautiful place to stay, quiet and relaxing. Chencho the gardener is super nice. We did not get to meet Hans the owner, who I hear is a very gracious host. The restaurants in the area (Inn @ Manzanillo Bay & Eden) are excellent, and Playa Manzanillo is great for swimming, body surfing, boogie boarding, snorkeling, and surfing. Another gentleman named Matt was staying at Raqueros as well, we befriended each other and enjoyed conversation during the days of our stay and a great breakfast prepared by him on Josh's (my husband's) birthday. (are you out there, Matt??). I would stay at Raqueros again in a heartbeat. Their dog, Tufy (sp?) is a sweetheart, he kind of "sat in" for our dog at home who we missed.
We also took a few day trips to Saladita for the guys to do some surfing excursions. The surfing crowd can be a bit competitive there, but it is a great place to go just to hang on the beach. Be sure to eat at Restaurant Jacqueline; huevos a la mexicana are incredible, and we ate the best tortillas there that we had the whole time in Mexico. They reportedly have the best lobster there as well. We purchased some langostas frescas to take home and cook, which was super fun.
After five days at Raqueros, we were well relaxed and ready to head to Zihua where family and more friends would be arriving to attend five days of festivities leading up to our wedding. Part two to come.....

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P.®, Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.