Just Back from Zihua & Ixtapa

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Mexico Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by Lvman from 65.40.254.155 (user155.net569.ua.sprint-hsd.net) on lunes, diciembre 29, 2003 at 14:41:29 :

Well, I'm back from a week of fun in the sun. The weather was perfect and both Zihua and Ixtapa are interesting places for a short vacation.

My impressions of Zihua. While only spending two nights there (Hotel Avila), I have to say that all the people I met were very friendly and helpful. The beach was somewhat less than expected, Zihua is situated in a cove. Small, narrow beach with no waves to speak of. It's a clean, family beach that offered few amenities, but comfortable nonetheless, as was true of the hotel.

My 5 nights at the Radisson in Ixtapa were comfortable. The beach in Ixtapa was more to what I was hoping for. Long, wide stretches of sand, great surf and warm water. Ixtapa is somewhat expensive. It's certainly a tourist town, but enjoyable just the same. The hotel was comfortable and the service was fine. Big pool area for people who prefer chlorine to sand and salt. A towel service is available (no cost), but no lounge chairs provided for beach use. Plenty around the pool.

Plenty of restaurant choices, but most were pricey. Even breakfast was a minimum $6.00 plus tip. Lots of shops to spend tourist dollars, from silver jewelry to T-shirts.

I must say that I was very unimpressed with the taxi service from the airport. They charge US$21.50 to get into Zihua. Almost twice the price of a return trip. The cost from Ixtapa back to the airport was only 120 pesos (US$11.42).

All being said, it was a fun time. Thanks to all on this board who helped me with answers to some questions I posted prior to my trip.

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P., Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.