Re: Just returned - 2nd trip

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Mexico Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by sue from 68.184.210.162 (68.184.210.162.charter-stl.com) on viernes, enero 02, 2004 at 17:33:00 :

In Reply to: Re: Just returned - 2nd trip posted by lyle from 192.139.71.69 (torfw1.nesbittburns.com) on martes, diciembre 30, 2003 at 09:17:59 :

Hope you have a chance to read before your departure! Our condo was on the 4th floor on the Krystal side. Had a good view from the condo and enjoyed sitting out in the mornings waiting for the rest of the family to get moving!! We had ample room for the 4 adults. Kitchen had refrig, stove, microwave and all the dishes. I didn't cook -- I was on vacation! But we did get snack supplies, drinks, etc. It worked very well for us and I'd certainly do it again. Didn't eat at the Continental, but just try to avoid all hotel restaurants regardless of where we are.
One helpful thing to know is that to use the pool towels you have to set up an account at the front desk. They will give you one towel cards for each person in your party. Then you give them your towel card and complete a little coupn. When you turn in your towels, don't give them the 10 pesos per towel at that time. They will keep track at the front desk and you can settle up with them upon your departure. The first day we got towels I paid the attendant. He didn't tell me any different! The 2nd day the attendant told me how the system really works! He was supposed to take care of it for me, but we were charged for the towels on our account. 20 pesos wasn't worth arguing about so we let it go.
The pool is adequate. Last time we stayed at the Barcelo and their pool and ground are nicer, but the pool isn't that important to me other than just getting cooled off!
If you play golf you can get a discount for staying at the Continental. The concierge will book your tee time for you and take care of the discount - it's $70 a round instead of $90. Enjoy your trip and the condo!

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P., Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.