PUBLIC "THANK YOU"

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Mexico Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by Mick from 68.98.118.115 (ip68-98-118-115.ph.ph.cox.net) on lunes, enero 12, 2004 at 19:04:54 :

My family and I just returned from a fantastic week in Troncones on Saturday, but it began with trauma. We were boarding the AmericaWest flight a week ago Saturday when we discovered we forgot the baby's birth certificate. We could have had it faxed, but AmericaWest wouldn't wait 5 minutes for a fax even though we were two hours early for the flight (thus, "America's Worst" and most unfriendly airlines.) My son, his wife and baby stayed behind to catch a flight through another Mexican city. Once my wife and daughter and I arrived in Zihuatenejo, we had no way to connect with my son.

The guy from whom we rented a car for the week, Roberto Velasco, proved to be a God-send. He spent hours with us tracking the flight, then the car rental, and ultimately the bus on which my son and his family came to Troncones. If it weren't for Roberto, we would surely have have multiple heart attacks. The man is a genuinely great human being!

I'd also like to thank ZihauRob for providing this web site. Without it, we would never have found Roberto. The people of Mexico were also incredibly polite and helpful.

We finally united the whole family on Sunday night and, as I mentioned, we had a fabulous vacation from that point on. Many thanks to those individuals I mentioned who unselfishly helped so much.
Mick

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P., Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.