Re: isla ixtapa

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Mexico Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by CJoy from 207.69.139.155 (ca03-ch03-bl03.ca-sanfranc0.sa.earthlink.net) on martes, enero 13, 2004 at 12:13:46 :

In Reply to: isla ixtapa posted by carolyn from 216.113.128.164 (hide4.wspan.com) on lunes, enero 12, 2004 at 11:56:02 :

I think a whole day would be a bit much unless the snorkeling was really good. Be careful of broken glass on the beach. I would recommend going on a fishing/snorkeling trip with Captain Ramon Olea, phone 554-4311. He took us all around the bay, to Isla Ixtapa and to the beach across Zihua's bay (can't remember the name!)We were out from about 10 am until 4pm. Snorkeling was better at the latter beach on that particular day. We caught fish and had it cooked by a restaurant on isla Ixtapa. Captain Ramon was recommended by Rob and gave us a very good off-season rate. He pointed out "Tortugas having a Honeymoon", cruised by roosting pelicans, chased flocks of birds on the water indicating where the fish were. So much fun! It was cloudy and sprinkled a little and the ocean looked like mercury. I still got a sunburn so use sunscreen! He prefers to be phoned and booked directly rather than through the hotels. If you are staying at the Catalina you can have Celso make the arrangements for you though, they know each other.A beer or two is much appreciated during the trip as is a tip afterwards. It was a high light of our trip. Have Fun!!

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P., Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.