Re: Selling (Out) Zihuatanejo's Future

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Mexico Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by ZihuaRob from 200.65.171.204 (dup-200-65-171-204.prodigy.net.mx) on martes, enero 27, 2004 at 14:53:48 :

In Reply to: Re: Selling (Out) Zihuatanejo's Future posted by Mark from NYC from 67.86.157.117 (ool-43569d75.dyn.optonline.net) on martes, enero 27, 2004 at 13:43:34 :

Actually, in many fragile coastal areas in the U.S. land that was not protected or not declared some kind of park has been purchased in some cases by local communities, in others by state agencies and in others by various NGO's. I have seen this work in coastal areas of Florida so I know it is possible. I also know that rational use of land, building moratoriums, zoning, and impact studies are concepts and tools available to achieve ecological balance and sustainable growth. It's a shame to see them ignored if not abused altogether. But they can be used wisely when capable and determined people wield them. THAT'S what we're currently lacking, but we're working on it. ;~)

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P., Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.