Re: Trip Report - Part I

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Mexico Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by The Other Mike from Minnesota from 156.99.90.161 (cob-cache.r.state.mn.us) on jueves, enero 29, 2004 at 16:08:55 :

In Reply to: Re: Trip Report - Part I posted by Kristi in Dairyland from 143.235.80.82 (?) on jueves, enero 29, 2004 at 13:28:49 :

We went to the beach in front of the Villa Mexicana and turned right. We went down the beach as far as we could go, and we came to a steep set of stairs that led to a mountain goat sort of hill. We scaled that hill and turned left at the main drag. We walked on the narrow sidewalk there until we came to the turn to Hotel Irma. We went down the steep hill (knowing full well we'd have to climb up on the way back) past the Sun & Moon hotel and passed a few more hotels until we saw a road that led to the beach. We followed the walkway for a while, went across the sand and found the next part of the walkway. The walkway is really cool, it is well lighted at night and there are always lots of people there (mostly young couples necking). We crossed the canal and passed the museum, and there we were, on fisherman's walk! On the day I went fishing, I scurried along briskly and got from VM all the way to the pier in 40 minutes. We walked to and fro at least once every day, often twice. We took a cab to only to the Commercial Mexicana ($35 or $45 pesos) and a couple of times on the rainy days. We ingested so much, that we felt we needed the exercise. And we did. I gained 8.5 pounds and my wife gained 3 pounds. She already is skinny, but I definitely don't need the extra load! You will have a great time! Keep an eye out for my cooler (more on Curly's cooler - VM version later!).

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P., Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.