Re: sun and moon resort

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Mexico Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by Nina from 12.25.177.161 (?) on jueves, enero 29, 2004 at 20:20:24 :

In Reply to: sun and moon resort posted by Chris Goc from 65.31.237.47 (CPE-65-31-237-47.neb.rr.com) on jueves, enero 29, 2004 at 16:11:41 :

Was just there Jan 7-14. Lucio (manager) is very friendly and accomodating. We stayed 3 nights and had reservations at the Catalina on La Ropa, but after one night there we asked to return to Sun & Moon for our remaining 4 nights. We liked the more quiet atmosphere of La Madera and it's easy proximity to town. La Ropa just has an elevated "buzz" of sound and activity. For nice sand and pampering (snorkeling too), I much preferred Las Gatas beach - find Franco at the restaurant at the far end with the seahorses on the sign (also look for bright blue lounge chair pads and pink table cloths).

Anyway, back to Sun & Moon...we first stayed on level 2 in room 22 because of the huge terrace (with ocean view, fan, A/C, and fridge, 900 pesos for 2 people - note: one double bed and one twin bed). If you are a talented negotiator, you can probably get a better price.

None of the windows open in rooms on the 2nd floor, so you don't get to enjoy the sounds of the surf at night. Also to me room 22 smelled dank and I suspect it's the combined result of closed windows and humidity. We asked if we could move to the room directly above (#32) and we loved it. Louvered glass windows open and the A/C works well (fridge, but no fan). Enjoyed having the option of a common kitchen (one on each floor).

We didn't lounge on the beach, except at MJ & Richies, but spent time next to the nice pool at Sun & Moon. I will absolutely return - I did a lot of research before going and still feel that it is one of the best deals for all the amenities I prefer to have: A/C, fridge, pool, kitchen.

By the way, Raul, Hector, and Juan at the Bistro del Mar make a mean (and tasty) margarita! It is also a sweet beachside locat1on just a short walk from Sun & Moon.

I highly recommend this area over La Ropa - but everyone travels for different reasons. Have a great time!

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P., Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.