Best meal in Zihua at El Manglar!

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Mexico Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by Marsha from 68.113.4.82 (ts46-01-qdr2636.ykma.wa.charter.com) on domingo, febrero 01, 2004 at 23:24:07 :

We just got back and had the most unexpected experience eating lunch at El Manglar restaurant. It is on La Ropa, by the spot where the water runs down into the bay, with the mangroves and the crocidile. You have to walk over some rocks by the fence and then across a gangplank to the open-air restaurant. I ordered the special: swordfish stuffed with spinach and ricotta, topped with shrimp and a white sauce. The marlin was still being filleted behind the tables to the side, I watched him cut my fish off and take it to the kitchen. The presentation was equal to any four-star restaurant and the taste was superb. It wast the best food we had in Zihua. And the cost of this fabulous meal was only $7.50. Don't get in a hurry and everything is obviously made fresh to order. I recommend it highly. While we were waiting for our meal, we enjoyed watching the crocidile. When they finished cutting up the fish, they threw the remains to the croc. It actually scared him and he swam on up the waterway. Very menacing-looking.

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P., Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.