Hotel Paraíso on La Ropa Closed

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Mexico Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by ZihuaRob from 200.65.183.151 (dup-200-65-183-151.prodigy.net.mx) on martes, febrero 03, 2004 at 21:41:38 :

The Hotel Paraíso (not to be confused with Villas Paraíso Hotel in Ixtapa) along with the Zihuatanejo Scuba Center which occupied the same premises have abruptly been forced to close. Anyone having pending reservations at this former hotel should be advised that the property owner has announced that he will not be responsible for obligations of the the former hotel owners, and those persons with prepaid reservations will not be able to occupy the rooms they paid for. This news was just confirmed to me by the local U.S. Consulate, Elizabeth Williams, who thoughtfully asked me to help diffuse the message. This made the front page of one of the local newspapers yesterday because some of the relatives and former employees of the former owner have holed themselves up in one of the rooms (the big drama at La Ropa!).

So if you or anyone you know has reservations here please make other arrangements. You can worry about getting your deposit back once you are here. The Policía Turística as well as PROFEPA (a Mexican consumer protection agency) will be able to assist you.

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P.®, Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.