Trip Report 1/17 - 1/31/04 - Part 1 - long

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Mexico Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by Carolcat from 205.174.40.29 (?) on miércoles, febrero 11, 2004 at 15:20:20 :

Hello Everyone....I have finally got a few minutes to start on my trip report. Thank you to everyone on this board for all of the great recommendations (especially the restaurants). They were wonderful! Started off with a 2-hr delay out of Chicago, but the flight went very smooth. Customs at the airport went fine. Checked in at Las Brisas and went right to the bar for a drink. Their bar is beautiful overlooking the ocean. Our travel agent had been talking to us a little bit about trying the Riviera Maya next time we come to Mexico. We went to Puerta Vallarto for the first three years and really loved it, but then decided to try a trip to Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo and our hearts have been captured. Once we went out onto the beautiful Las Brisas patio and laid in the hammock and looked up at a zillion stars and listening to the crashing surf.......we both looked at each other and said........NAH.....how can we ever give this up......when it's not broke, don't fix it!!! We had made reservations ahead of time at the El Faro Restaurant in the Pacifica Resort. We had Chile Rellenos with lobster stuffing appetizer and seafood fetticine for our entree (we split most of our meals so that we do not gain any weight on vacation). The food was excellent and the place was so romantic. El Faro is located very high on a hill. Our table was candle lit overlooking the ocean and was not too crowded. There were candles on the stairs. Very romantic place.....what a great way to start our 14-day vacation. They also have a tasting menu there that we will try another time. Got back to the room and hung around the patio some more so that we could really experience paradise!!!!!

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P.®, Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.