Re: Trip Report; Restaurant Suggestions

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Mexico Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por Sara desde 68.72.101.141 (adsl-68-72-101-141.dsl.chcgil.ameritech.net) el día viernes, 27 de febrero, 2004 a las 18:44:15 horas :

En respuesta a: Re: Trip Report; Restaurant Suggestions escrito por jp desde 66.254.128.138 (254-128-138.csiweb.net) el día viernes, 27 de febrero, 2004 a las 12:34:52 horas :

We experienced the same thing the past two years. The Westin no longer owns Las Brisas so I think it took the current owners awhile to get there own business going. It was a lot more crowded this year, I think they had full occupancy. And, you'll be glad to hear we noticed a lot more kids. The hotel was wonderful, as usual. Absolutely no complaints there. I didn't find the food to be as good as it was a couple of years ago. I would recommend that you by at least one meal plan, the $225. one (unless your part of the all-inclusive experiment their doing)It's only being offered to select area, Canada for instance, and this is the first year. If you don't have that option, I recommend the meal plan because kids under 12 eat free. You get 7 buffet breakfasts ($18.00) 4 lunches which include an appetiser, entree, coffee and desert and 3 dinners (that's one $225.plan) When my husband and I went for 1 week we split that and were lift with plenty of time to explore other restaurants. The breakfast is fantastic. To get the most out of your money on the lunches, eat late (5ish) in the Solarium and call it dinner. The 2 for 1 happy hour in the lobby bar is still well worth it, but drink prices have gone up. Let me recommend one thing to you that I wish we had found out about earlier so we could have done it. You can get an all day pass at Club Med for $70. a person (and I'm thinking kids might be free or a lot less) That includes meals for the day and use of all their water toys hobbiecats, etc. I think it would be a lot of fun for you're kids. I really wish we had a chance to do it. When you figure you can eat and drink all day, that's not bad. Maybe you can check it out on their website before you leave and see if it's something you'd like. Have a great trip!

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO