[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Mexico Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]
Escrito por jon desde 188.8.131.52 (fireout.mbakercorp.com) el día viernes, 27 de febrero, 2004 a las 19:15:50 horas :
En respuesta a: casa gregorio escrito por dani desde 184.108.40.206 (?) el día martes, 24 de febrero, 2004 a las 23:02:38 horas :
we were there first 10 days of february 2004. hard to accurately convey what a cool place it is. imagine large open air casas, clean beautiful grounds, two clean pools, decent boogieboard waves, surfing too if you know what you're doing (the break is kinda weird for beginners), ernesto the friendly, biligual, very helpful, guitar-strummin, country western singin' caretaker (take him some coffee or oreos and you'll have a friend for life...), beautiful sunsets, cheap beers, incredible food. i could go on and on and on, literally.
1) hiking/cave/zipline tour at jaguar tours in troncones, $55 american but well worth it. ask bill the owner to see his surf knots.
2) meals prepared in your casa by ernesto's friend angelica. ernesto can set this up. so worth it, excellent food, very very reasonable.
3) sunday night at burro burracho when local schoolkids put on a dance show to benefit their school. free but donations appreciated.
4) thursday nights at the burro when ernesto's band "los tres locos" cuts loose.
5) one trip into ixtapa so you can see and appreciate all you're NOT missing.
6) drive north to saladita and try your hand at surfing one of the nicest left hand breaks anywhere. you'll probably run into the great corkey carroll there riding a squared-off longboard painted like a cow. ask to see corkey's surf knots.