Manzanillo, Colima ,Mx.

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Mexico Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por stew desde 65.147.57.97 (0-1pool57-97.nas38.oakland1.ca.us.da.qwest.net) el día domingo, 07 de marzo, 2004 a las 19:08:20 horas :

Arrived in town about 12:30 on a first class buss. Said goodbye to my new friends who were going on to Colima. Grabed a cab to the Posada hotel that some of the mebers here had recomended. Only about 5 mins. away from the very modern bus station, even nicer than the one in PV. The Posada is truley "shocking pink". Om arrival I first asked about hot water as I could not take another cold water shower. I was assure that they had lots of hot water. Was showen a lovely room on the second floor of the main building. It was a delight! a bit small, but perfect for one or a couple of honeymooners. Queen size confortable bed with closet, chest of drawers, table two comfortable chairs.Railed three steps down to bathroom that was vey clean, It is so small that you should know why you are going there so you can decide whether to enter frontward or backward. OK it was not THAT small. Also a very nice balcony with chairs & a fab view of the ocean. Cost $58 US including a Full Cooked to order breakfast (more that later). Went down stairs to the very pretty lounge/bar/cafe/bibliteca/everything else. Great view with a lovely pool, palapa & lounge chairs. Very nice fairly calm beach (no beach chairs, minis one point for that. In adition to the main house there are a group of attached bugalows both ends. almost the whole place taken up by a nice family from the state of Washington Made me feel welcome. Anyways, after a swimin the pool & some sun bathing I took the bus into El Centro (31/2 pesos). Bus stopped at intercity bus staation where I had come in. Aha! I'll save cab fareommorow. about 15 mins. to central. Busy , bustling place. Not aimed at the turisto at all. Walked through on old hotel named the "coloninal" that reminded me of both the Medoza in Guadalarja & the Majestec in Mexico city. It's right on the harbor, a working port. Meta guy in a coffee shop from Zihua. He is of African decent & told me the story of how the black people got to Ziua. He now has a business in Manzanillo. Back on the bus I get off about a half mile from hotel to have dinner at El Antonios. Excellent Spanish food. I had fish rice, salad,hot buns, carrots, pie & coffee. A true 10! for 130 pesos w/tip. Walked back to hotel, not the smartest move as it was rather dark & the sidewalk a mess. Oh well I made it with no problem. Next time remember my flashlight.After a restful night put to sleep by the surf & awoke well rested. Tons of hot water & NO COCKROACHS! Heaven! Endless coffe pot on at 7, breakfast at 8. Choice of juice, fruit plate, eggs, han, bacon, sausage, hot cakes, waffles or all of the above if you wished. Met the owners who had been gone the day before. A delightful couple he Juan (Mexican) She, Lisa (Americana)Martinez. Checked out. My total bill including a refesco from the on your honorfrige,a 65 peso lunch was $60 US with a 10 % discount for cash. You can e-mail Juan & Lisa at posada@bay.net.mx Got the 31/2 peso bus to the bus station. Next to Cardenas on a second class bus.

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO