New B&B in Zihua - Quinta Camelinas

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Mexico Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por Neil in Seattle desde 63.164.145.161 (?) el día viernes, 12 de marzo, 2004 a las 16:18:59 horas :

All -

It's taken awhile, but I wanted to let you know about a great new Bed & Breakfast that we stayed in at the end of January.

It's called Quinta Camelinas, and it's located just above Playa Madera in a quiet residential neighborhood. The hosts, Rene and Edith were absolutely the best; met us at the airport and had cold beer and wine waiting for us when we got to the hotel.

It is brand new, and the rooms were spotless and full of fresh flowers when we arrived. The pool in the courtyard is small, but it was also brand new and very clean; refreshing after a walk from town. All the units have brand new air conditioners and furniture. Didn't know what to expect with a $90/night rate (tax and breakfast included) and I must say that I was skeptical to send 50% downpayment via Western Union, but it all worked out.

The locat1on is good; 10 min walk from downtown Zihua and only a minute or two above Playa Madera. Rene is of French descent, and loves to cook... we really miss the breakfasts he made to order each morning; fresh breads, eggs, chilaquiles, fresh homemade salsas, etc.

We were going to build a personal web page with details of our trip but life is too busy here in Seattle. There's a link to their website below; if you'd like a few pictures, email me directly and I'd be glad to send you some of the hotel.

It was the best part of our trip; a home away from home. We're already planning our next visit later this fall or early next spring.

It's a great option for those looking for clean, new accomodations with more "culture" than you'd find at most of the hotels.

Sincerely,

Neil & Stacy

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO