Re: Tucanes good or bad?

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por Celeste desde 129.71.136.43 (ip136043.dialup.wvnet.edu) el día martes, 23 de marzo, 2004 a las 13:20:54 horas :

En respuesta a: Tucanes good or bad? escrito por Jon L from MN desde 209.163.22.202 (pmpres1a-202.rconnect.com) el día martes, 23 de marzo, 2004 a las 12:13:24 horas :

Good: secure environment in a walled compound. Owners on site. Dog on watch at the back at night, but is not allowed to bark on and on; someone checks to see WHY he is barking. Lovely new pool, very clean. Bus stops right outside the door to go into town. Were reliable in picking us up to transfer us from the little house on Madera Beach to their compound and to take us to the airport. The little bungalow was nice, with a comfortable sitting area and a little yard.

Bad: no where near the beach; it's a several-block walk there; not a hard walk, just that it isn't within sight nor sound of the ocean. Cleaning was done by Rosa's husband and brother-in-law, and pretty slap-dash by my standards. Also they didn't come to clean until the afternoon, which I found disruptive. The family lives in a house in the middle of the compound. Their TV went all day long into the evening, and although it wasn't particularly loud, I would have rather listened to the birds or the ocean (if it had been close enough to hear!)I also felt like I was interfering with their lives being there and had to ask each time for bottled water or toilet paper, which I found very annoying. Although the bungalow had a comfortable little sitting area, we couldn't sit out there once the sun started to go down because of the mosquitos. This is a big negative for us because we spend a lot of time reading.

On the balance, I wouldn't go back. I know that there are people who post on this board who love it, feel very safe and comfortable there, but it's not for us.

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO