Trip Report March 8 thru March 18

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por Perry from Seattle desde 67.75.234.76 (dialup-67.75.234.76.Dial1.Seattle.Level3.net) el día miércoles, 24 de marzo, 2004 a las 09:06:28 horas :

This was my second trip to Zihuatanejo, first in 2000. Thank goodness, I didn’t notice any significant changes in the overall “feel” of the town.

The highlight of my trip was the visit to Netza school. I brought down supplies from
myself and Dave from Seattle. I met up with Sue also from Seattle, who brought a large box of supplies. Lupita (Rob’s wife) was so helpful!, she went with us as our guide and interpreter.
With Lupita, everything went perfect. The children are so bright and happy, made
my heart swell. We saw the new dormitory, which was dedicated on Friday the 12th.
It is obvious that a lot of work has been accomplished at this school. We got to go in
to a class and hand out some of our gifts, they were so pleased. They then sang us a song!. Then we got out of their way, so education could proceed. Thanks again, Lupita!

I kept looking for Rob, but his office was always closed. I was beginning to think Rob only existed in cyberspace. Then, I rounded a corned and there he was! Rob hasn’t changed a bit since 2000. Good genes and clean living.

I’m not much of a food fan, all of the meals were great except one. Globs didn’t live up to my expectations. I ordered pancakes, and each one must of weighed a pound! Anyway no big deal.

I went to Playa Las Gatas twice. Visited the lighthouse, quite a hike on a hot day. The view was great. I was the only one up there.

I went to Isla Ixtapa and spent the day at Paraiso Escondido on Playa Varadero. Great time.

Spent some time at Rick’s Bar, always a great mix of people…Really enjoyed the Mexican Fiesta entertainment on Saturday.

The path to Madera Beach was new to me this time. What a great improvement.

Stayed 5 days at Villas Polinesia, enjoyed my hosts and the privacy of the locat1on.
The walk to town was a bit far, so the last 5 days I stayed at the Hi Sol hotel, near the Catholic Church. I like the Hi Sol very much, big rooms, a classic 50+ year old Mexican Hotel.
The manager was a great lady named Ada.

I could go on and on…but the warmth and helpfulness of the people made it a special vacation.

Perry from Seattle

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO