Walking anywhere

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por ZihuaRob desde 200.65.171.109 (dup-200-65-171-109.prodigy.net.mx) el día viernes, 09 de abril, 2004 a las 14:08:04 horas :

En respuesta a: Walking the beach at night safe? escrito por Theresa desde 216.171.134.126 (transedge-134-126.transedge.com) el día miércoles, 07 de abril, 2004 a las 18:20:56 horas :

I walk anywhere any time I want without a worry. I also carry a 2 foot long machete with me.

I didn't back in '74. Then I only carried my Buck knife.

At night if you'd like to stroll about on lonely beaches or poorly lit areas away from other groups of people, be sure to do so in groups and to have a flashlight with you. Don't wear gold chains or expensive jewelry and don't carry large amounts of cash.

You used to be able to walk anywhere safely at any time, but I fear those halcyon days are long gone as the population keeps exploding and poverty with it and desperate people migrate to areas of apparent economic prosperity and yearn to have what the prosperous visitors have. All it takes is a few bad apples to ruin it for everyone, and there are more poorly educated un- and under-employed youths with less moral values and excessive time on their hands than ever before. And then they have kids, too (imagine!).

We're really letting the entire world go to hell, literally. So many problems we should've taken care of with love and compassion instead of greed and violence, but enlightened thinking and democracy are often at odds with each other as more and more the unenlightened majority makes sure we continue down the same path of greedy and quite senseless exploitation and self-gratification, only later to deal with the resulting consequences of such stupidity with violence and aggression. How is it possible that so many people can go through life with blinders on and their brains essentially in sleep mode, condemning future generations to a world of even more terrible violence as well as desertification? I think they should give tests for intelligence and compassion before letting people vote or hold public office! (in every country)

Whatever happened to the Revolution??

--------------------------
"El odio es un sentimiento que dirige a la extinción de los valores."
(Hatred is a feeling which leads to the extinction of values.)
José Ortega y Gasset (1883-1955)

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO