Wonderful to remember some things.

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por LadyM in Zihua desde 189.147.31.14 (dsl-189-147-31-14.prod-infinitum.com.mx) el día domingo, 06 de julio, 2008 a las 18:33:00 horas :

Thirty five years ago when I first came to Zihua, I met a family and they had a 6 month old baby boy. He was one of the cutest babies I had ever seen. Every year when I returned I would see him and when he was old enough to remember me I would bring him tootsie roll pops. Several years ago he and I were laughing about him remembering that if he knew I was coming he would think "oh! boy, tootsie roll pops".

Well today I was invited to a surprise birthday party. The party was for Roberto and today he was 36 years old. When I walked in to the party he yelled out "oh! boy, tootsie roll pops". Everyone laughed but when he came over and gave me a big hug I handed him his present. A whole bag of tootsie roll pops. I do not know who enjoyed it the most. Him getting them or me since I had them here for his birthday.

Great to remember.

Has rained off and on for most of the day and is doing so right now. The temp is at a breezie 78 out on the porch. The city water came on today and the cistern is almost full again of water.

I have started a good book and seems like a perfect time to enjoy the calm of the day and just take time to read. This week has been a hectic one with all the graduations to attend and other stuff to do.

Follow Ups: