Re: Wonderful to remember some things.

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por LadyM in Zihua desde 189.147.18.195 (dsl-189-147-18-195.prod-infinitum.com.mx) el día jueves, 10 de julio, 2008 a las 00:30:23 horas :

En respuesta a: Re: Wonderful to remember some things. escrito por isabel fortune desde 71.102.51.179 (pool-71-102-51-179.plspca.dsl-w.verizon.net) el día miércoles, 09 de julio, 2008 a las 16:08:20 horas :

My son and I flew into Zihua the first time to that little airport on a 16 passenger plane from Mexico City. We came on Jan 1, as the plane was late geting in the day before and we missed our flight. That morning we were almost canceled as the pilot got to the plane still so drunk from celebrating the new year the night before that they replaced him but we had to wait for almost an hour for another pilot to arrive.

While in flight the pilot allowed my son, who was 10 at the time to change seats with him. Alan "flew the plane" and the pilot sat and chatted with me for almost half of the flight. I am sure something like that could never happen today on any airline.

Mother was waiting for us to come to Zihua in a combi, but Dad had rode his motorcycle and was waiting there for us also. The street coming into town was almost "pulvo" and as the combi (and I felt like he was flying) came down the main street the dust was so bad my first thought was "how can the people breath". There were several people on both sides of the road as we came in. I don't think I had ever seen so much dust and I had lived almost my whole life on a dirt road in the Ozarks.

We knew a young man who was a security guard at the Capulli, and we really liked going over there. I loved the gas station, but hated the lines for when gas came to town.

So many things are different, but what the heck, everywhere I ever lived is different now. I do hate to ask, but isn't that just what happens as you get older?

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO