Re: z loss of tourism article

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por ZihuaRob desde 189.179.63.219 (dsl-189-179-63-219.prod-infinitum.com.mx) el día jueves, 31 de julio, 2008 a las 01:07:24 horas :

En respuesta a: z loss of tourism article escrito por S2B desde 71.212.105.253 (71-212-105-253.tukw.qwest.net) el día miércoles, 30 de julio, 2008 a las 23:01:49 horas :

Yes, Kent wrote a nice in-depth article analyzing the impact on Mexico's tourism sector of the various unfavorable events and trends already evident. I saw it this morning on my News page.

Much of what he observes and reports jibes with many things I've been saying for quite some time, including his comments about our failing agricultural sector. Guerrero's current political atmosphere doesn't inspire any faith in our prospects for solutions the near future. The key, and our biggest weakness so far, is having an economic vision for our region that doesn't put all its eggs in the tourist industry's basket but instead offers diversification of income generating sources (similar to what Sarasota did 3 decades ago), investment in infrastructure, and opportunities through education.

If we could just take the politicians out of the equation we might have a fighting chance of coming out ahead.

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO