Cerro del Vigía

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por Judith Whitehead desde 189.147.14.142 (dsl-189-147-14-142.prod-infinitum.com.mx) el día jueves, 14 de agosto, 2008 a las 00:26:23 horas :

En respuesta a: Re: The New Zihuatanejo: an ecological disaster (photos) escrito por Gringo Viejo desde 207.200.116.9 (cache-ntc-aa05.proxy.aol.com) el día miércoles, 13 de agosto, 2008 a las 16:28:52 horas :

I do want to say that while I once said that I would not be involved in the sale of any of that land above La Ropa and Las Gatas, I found myself in a position to try to hold on to some of the integrity of the area when I was asked to take over the Sales for Cerro del Vigía. The reason being is that they are interested in the community and keeping the environment as clean and unspoiled as is possible. They have dug their own well and they don't need the city's water (which almost does not exist anyway). They have 4 water treatment plants, giving them ample water to maintain a beautiful landscape and which will keep them independent of the city's waste treatment plants (which are one of the city's real atrocities as they generally do not work). The infrastructure was fully constructed prior to starting any sales, so there are no dirt roads just scratched out as in other developments, and all the installations are under ground. Every tree that is a good and older tree located on the lots that are for sale is marked and it is prohibited to cut or remove them as part of the sales contract. The very top of the mountain will remain a green area with the chapel set amongst trees and plants overlooking the bay and Barra de Potosi.

However the land was obtained is not something I am privy to, but the way the land is being used is the best of any of these developments that are just running rampant on the hillsides. Cerro del Vigía takes pride in the fact that they are a "green" development and their environmental impact will leave a lighter footprint than any other.

For those of you who have been up to the property you have seen that the people behind this project have not just thought of the money to be made, but how to do it in a way that will create harmony between the right kind of use of the land and a good life in the most beautiful place on earth called Zihuatanejo that we all so love and cherish.

We cannot stop the fact that change is coming, and coming fast, but we can do our best to see that some integrity is held on to for our own future and those of the wonderful people who make it what it is for all of the wanderers who come here.

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO