Re: La Barra conflict update

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por Laura desde 75.85.214.122 (cpe-75-85-214-122.dc.res.rr.com) el día jueves, 14 de agosto, 2008 a las 19:09:20 horas :

En respuesta a: Re: La Barra conflict update escrito por don Otto desde 67.142.130.48 (dpc67142130048.direcpc.com) el día jueves, 14 de agosto, 2008 a las 14:59:28 horas :

Thanks Otto! That's pretty interesting (and a little funny).

Did you go to the party? What was that guy thinking?

I love that term 'Monkey Sandwich' (which I had to google). Makes sense that it has Dutch origens. Urban lore (or in this case rural lore) rises up instantly (and creatively) and travels with the speed of lightning. And sometimes it contains important elements of truth ... we know life can be wilder than fiction.

At any rate the interpretation (by my reporting neighbor)of the Gringo's promise of a 'party with the Garibos' to mean a possible threat reflects that there was a little panic in the air in the village about this thing.

Anyway good to know that no h*ll has broken loose. I suppose that the Bracamonte group had to back off and await the court rulings. Did the chain link fence get up/stay up?

Cheers,
Laura

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO