Re: Killing Mangroves in La Barra

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por Laura desde 75.85.214.122 (cpe-75-85-214-122.dc.res.rr.com) el día martes, 19 de agosto, 2008 a las 13:21:38 horas :

En respuesta a: Re: Killing Mangroves in La Barra escrito por Lisette desde 4.191.51.145 (dialup-4.191.51.145.Dial1.Seattle1.Level3.net) el día martes, 19 de agosto, 2008 a las 01:41:43 horas :

I would call that a scare tactic and a scary tactic. It would have been great if anyone pulled out their own camera and filmed them filming the people leaving the meeting. I hope someone did that and will put in on youtube. I think there can be help in making things as visible as possible.

Did anyone speak with them and ask why they were photoing or filming the people leaving the meeting and if they were connected to the development company or who they worked for? It would be interesting and good to have their responses recorded.

I have also been told (by an owner of one of the enramadas) that these rather numerous 'plain clothed serious looking dudes' ('men in black' practically with wires coming out of their ears) have been generally hanging out in the enramadas facing the lagoon and frequently talking into VHF radios while looking at the road construction on the other side.

Good time to keep your cameras close. I would so love to see some more photos. Perhaps someone there might oblige while enjoying fresh seafood still available in these beautiful enramadas.

In case anyone is considering staying away because of this... I've thought about this carefully. I would never suggest visiting if I believed it was a time to stay away. On the contrary, it seems to me that the more eyes, cameras, message board and youtube reports as well as PROFEPA complaints by visiting tourists witnessing and documenting this - the better.

I only wouldn't suggest hiking up to the hill of Guamilule. The Garibos family are up there and might think you are connected to the developers.

In my humble opinion the tourist is safe and an excellent witness! This is being done by a tourism development company. It seems clear they would not want to cause an International tourism scandal by bothering a tourist in any way. Don't hesitate to put on your beach clothes and take your cameras to La Barra! Besides if you want to see this gorgeous place as it is...you may not have all that much time.

Hasta pronto,
laura

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO