Battle at La Barra Update

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por ZihuaRob desde 189.140.91.168 (dsl-189-140-91-168.prod-infinitum.com.mx) el día martes, 02 de septiembre, 2008 a las 13:51:17 horas :

The battle continues for the Cerro de Guamilule at La Barra de Potosí between the Garibo Vargas family (along with their supporters) against "Desarrolladora Interad" and its employees. Twice last week the Garibo Vargas family was summoned to appear before the Ministerio Público and both times the MP stood them up. Meanwhile the workers took advantage of their absence and put up hundreds of meters of chain-link fencing at Cerro de Guamilule around property the Garibo Vargas family has demonstrated it has owned since 1961, which the local residents affirm. So since the "responsible authorities" have done nothing but act as accomplices to the crime of attempted land theft, yesterday morning the Garibo Vargas family along with many of their supporters knocked down part of the fence that workers for the would-be land thieving developers put up along the waterfront the night before after dark. ¡Bravo! More power to them!

They certainly have my support as well my family's along with that of everyone else I've spoken to in Zihuatanejo about the matter. Time to root out and punish the corrupt "public servants" at all 3 levels that have allowed this injustice against the Garibo Vargas family to get this far.

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO