Re: The face of Cri Cri in Zee

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por Cri Cri desde 208.123.43.33 (?) el día domingo, 16 de noviembre, 2008 a las 14:27:11 horas :

En respuesta a: Re: The face of Cri Cri in Zee escrito por KR desde 189.177.57.242 (dsl-189-177-57-242.prod-infinitum.com.mx) el día domingo, 16 de noviembre, 2008 a las 11:39:30 horas :

Thanks Kenny for the great pictures of the DC-3, in flight. My last flight in one of the old cargo planes was at Darwin .- in about 1980 . The RAAF flew many of us ( we had been attached to the RAAF.) from Melborne to Darwin and while there, surprised us with a ride in a C-47, til the plane started loosing oil. Flew many of my 33 missions, out of Fenton Field, in a B-24, I had started cadet traning, until they found out I had no depth of field, ( very bad for flying ). So I trained in a Ball T. Then we moved to Mindoro. The Japs had planned on getting into Australia VI Darwin.
Last summer, I had a ride in a B-24 , at an Air Show in Fargo ND. They almost had to carry me into the plane. $400 for a 15 minute ride. A friend of mine, won 2 rides through a drawing at a TV contest, and his wife did not want to go. He was also a B-24 crew member. We had to use seat belts on the flight.
Thanks for the DC-3 pictures. Cri Cri

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO