Almost Live Video!

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por ZihuaRob desde 189.179.141.19 (dsl-189-179-141-19.prod-infinitum.com.mx) el día viernes, 21 de noviembre, 2008 a las 16:21:51 horas :

En respuesta a: Maratón de Río Balsas mañana escrito por ZihuaRob desde 189.179.141.19 (dsl-189-179-141-19.prod-infinitum.com.mx) el día jueves, 20 de noviembre, 2008 a las 20:00:42 horas :

Sorry about the dirt specks in the video.

Just imagine about 20 minutes of the same thing in the video, back and forth on the tiny circuit (compared to previous years).

The race course was reduced to about one fifth the normal size, with the boats simply going back and forth between Playa Principal and Playa La Madera instead of crossing the bay and back. Also, I believe there were only 5 boats in this leg of the race. No idea what happened to the rest or if there were others in previous legs or even how the overall race went. No idea who won either. Looked like it was the larger of the 2 yellow boats, the other yellow boat conked out just after I stopped filming.

A helicopter from the Marina de México apparently replaced the usual media choppers. And after the race was over they kept doing maneuvers around the bay and over the spectators, putting on sort of a one aircraft air show.

Spectator turnout was pretty low compared to other years though the event was announced on the radio recently. Maybe because it was late. Not much hoopla on the beach either. I have always thought that we could make this a bigger tourist draw, but no one ever seems to promote it adequately.

Oh well, maybe next year.

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO