1960's / C;othing for KIDS

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por Cri Cri desde 208.123.43.33 (?) el día miércoles, 14 de enero, 2009 a las 16:22:47 horas :

Back in the 1960's, I had been staying at the Avila almost every year. It was the best Hotel on playa Principal. One year when I got to the hotel , Maria
Avila told me she had just built a new, small house on the ihillside overlooking the bay. It was on the road to La Ropa, and befoe you got to the Irma.
I rented the house / $300.00 a month , with maid service.
One morning,( in my hammock and drinking a margarita) two couples (USA)
came to the door. They had flown their own planes to Zihuatanejo , and had filled the extra space with clothes for the Children. They were looking for someone to help get the clothes to the families. Someone had told them to see Cri Cri. We got some help and put the clothing in tmy bedroom.
they two couples went back to the Hotel Catalina. I told a few people about the clothing and the people started coming. Everying was gone in a few hours. The mothers got their children all dressed up and brought them back to have their pictures taken.. It was like the day after Christmas "shopping."
I was all wore out. Cri Cri

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO