Re: A Funny thing Happened..........Laura.

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por ZihuaRob desde 189.179.141.109 (dsl-189-179-141-109-dyn.prod-infinitum.com.mx) el día viernes, 06 de marzo, 2009 a las 00:29:06 horas :

En respuesta a: Re: A Funny thing Happened..........Laura. escrito por Cri Cri desde 208.123.43.33 (?) el día jueves, 05 de marzo, 2009 a las 23:20:57 horas :

I cut my past-shoulder length hair before I came here in '74. I'd heard stories, plus I thought it a good idea not to look like those West Coast weirdos. After all, apart from being a Southerner, I was an Easterner!

But sure enough, the dirty shaggy types would still hit me up for info for cheap hotels, cheap eats and beers, and pot. Even though my ZihuaRob "persona" was still a long ways in the future, I didn't think it was a good idea to encourage those folks. My Mexican friends thought they were no better than lazy drunks, and I thought a lot of them gave a bad image to the USA. But the irony of my situation wasn't lost on me, because I considered myself a "hippie-freak" and even though I'd cut my hair, a fine line distinguished me from them. But at least I believed in decent hygiene and being respectful of local culture among other things that differentiated me from most of them. Plus I had an image to keep up in front of my local friends. Yet now with this website I've probably helped lots of them to return all grown up! =)

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO