Re: Copper Canyon

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por Scott desde 201.144.51.36 (static.customer-201-144-51-36.uninet-ide.com.mx) el día miércoles, 18 de marzo, 2009 a las 19:02:52 horas :

En respuesta a: Copper Canyon escrito por Linda from Canada desde 189.147.17.238 (dsl-189-147-17-238-dyn.prod-infinitum.com.mx) el día miércoles, 18 de marzo, 2009 a las 14:24:13 horas :

Anyone visited the canyon from Zihua? Looking for info.

I drove across the Copper Canyon region when I brought my motorcycle down from Ontario. I drove right across, taking the same general route as the train (Chihuahua, Chihuahua to Los Mochis, Sinaloa, passing through Creel & El Fuerte at the edges of the canyon region itself). It was among the most memorable experiences of my life. I'm sure doing it on the train is quite fun and impressive, but doing it solo on the bike was a great adventure that I'll never forget.

What are you driving? You could do it in a 4-wheel drive pickup or jeep, cut across from the coast to Chihuahua, and it might not be out of your way so much. Assuming you enjoy the 14 or 15 hours of driving on the dirt roads that it takes to get across.

The roads aren't that bad, really. As long as you're patient and having fun, and don't mind driving across the odd arroyo.

But it was so worth it.

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO