Re: Sotavento residences (follow up)

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por Brit Boy desde 209.121.24.130 (d209-121-24-130.bchsia.telus.net) el día lunes, 23 de marzo, 2009 a las 14:02:33 horas :

En respuesta a: Re: Sotavento residences escrito por ZihuaRob desde 189.179.149.23 (dsl-189-179-149-23-dyn.prod-infinitum.com.mx) el día domingo, 22 de marzo, 2009 a las 21:45:52 horas :

I see a slightly different perspective on the fractional ownership issue.
It's unrealistic to expect an owner, (whether they live there or not), to put money into a seriously decaying property without defraying the costs, (other than by hoping that tourism is going to be sufficiently buoyant to repay their investment within a reasonable timeframe).
I'm asking the question: to what extent does self-ownership compromise the local economy? People still eat, (yes, they self-cater more), and perhaps the perceived lessening of restaurant business is offset by greater consistency in "occupancy". An issue that Zihuatanejo may well have to deal with over the next few years.
Having been a visitor to Intrawest 2 or 3 times, I see this "resort" as a good employer. (I am aware that there are other matters in which they may not be good developers...).
My simplistic generalisation would be that getting people to the town is optimal, if indeed we do want to propogate the tourism industry there. The questions is - do we?!

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO