The Hope-We-Can Evolution

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por ZihuaRob desde 189.179.149.23 (dsl-189-179-149-23-dyn.prod-infinitum.com.mx) el día martes, 24 de marzo, 2009 a las 13:37:04 horas :

En respuesta a: The Mexican Evolution escrito por FriscoJuan desde 75.20.204.51 (adsl-75-20-204-51.dsl.pltn13.sbcglobal.net) el día martes, 24 de marzo, 2009 a las 12:41:20 horas :

Enrique Krauss is certainly a very intelligent and widely respected person here in Mexico, but I don't agree with all his points of view, such as that Mexico should follow the path of violence it has been on and thus make the same mistakes that many communities in the USA have already made and learned from decades ago: it is a waste of time and resources to go after street dealers, and it is also a waste of precious resources to continue treating users of "recreational drugs" as criminals. Alcohol continues to be the worst most abused drug of all, yet Prohibition taught us the folly of trying to ban its widespread popularity. Let's not continue to ignore this valuable lesson in human sociology.

But I agree with many of his points about our young democracy not being at any risk of collapse. But his point of view is typically defeņo and apparently overlooks or understates factors that affect other regions of the country.

Here's another excellent article about a related topic: Legalize drugs to stop violence
(Sounds like something I could've written. Maybe he's been reading my Message Board?)

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO