Re: Cuban Unravel

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por Phil in Toronto desde 99.232.125.137 (CPE00d0cf0b9cc1-CM00186832fb3e.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) el día viernes, 27 de marzo, 2009 a las 18:09:18 horas :

En respuesta a: Re: Cuban Unravel escrito por Maggie and Don desde 65.112.250.245 (65-112-250-245.dia.static.qwest.net) el día viernes, 27 de marzo, 2009 a las 17:19:41 horas :

"It was just sad to see a nations people suffering amid unworkable and failed ideals."

I really liked your comment and feelings regarding the peoples' predicament, Kenny. Like Maggie, we travelled to Santiago and Holguin and agree with her observation. Cuba is BIG, and with a relatively large population faces serious challenges in having it be a country that can "work" at many socio-economic levels. To expect so much with the ideological isolation and all that came with it as a result of Fidel's ideals is virtually impossible.When you look at the other substantial populaton Caribbean nations i.e. Dominican Republic, Haiti, Jamaica and Trinidad & Tobago (Puerto Rico is a a whole different ball game )in comparison one can say things could be much worse. The next ten years will be a "make or brake" time for Cuba and I hope the wonderful spirit of it's people will lead the country in a direction that the other troubled Nations in that part of the world will emulate.The Caribbean has so much potential to be a BEAUTIFUL PLACE,and rich in diversity. A challenge for sure!

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO