Re: Gypsies in the Right Place

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por KR desde 189.177.0.18 (dsl-189-177-0-18-dyn.prod-infinitum.com.mx) el día viernes, 27 de marzo, 2009 a las 19:39:23 horas :

En respuesta a: Gypsies in the Palace escrito por ZihuaRob desde 189.179.139.135 (dsl-189-179-139-135-dyn.prod-infinitum.com.mx) el día viernes, 27 de marzo, 2009 a las 16:42:29 horas :

Aaaaaah yes..... THE Seville Lobby!!

After the somewhat 'rudely awakening' initial taxi drive from the airport to Havana, then cruising through "rubbled" downtown streets (for the first time), I must confess that Cely's (VERY) Distinct 'UNeasiness' was tangibly evaporated once we turned the corner at the Museum of The Revolution, pulled up in front of the Seville, and bandied up the entry stairs...! Admittedly, she instantly "trusted her man again"! (;-D

Personally, I WAS rather engaged by the wealth of photographic Hotel Guest and Cuban history amply displayed in the elevator niches floor-by-floor. Their terrace 'ballroom' restaurant hinted (almost eerily!) at untarnished, bygone times, while the smoked salmon mousse nestled gently with possibly the Best Mojitos I had on our entire trip!

Like all of Cuba, certainly a complex juxtaposition of opposites..... with the building nextdoor virtually boarded-up, and ("somewhat" Mexican style!!) 'aromas' sliding questionably over the threshold from the direction of The Prado.

Yeah, we DID have a blast, mate. But, the Secret to diggin Cuba full-on is in simply KNOWING the comparatively limited 'options' from place-to-place, and, where to find those personal places of solace amid such juxtaposing compexities...... (like ANYWHERE I suppose!).

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO