Re: Marina development in barra?

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por KR desde 189.163.53.97 (dsl-189-163-53-97-dyn.prod-infinitum.com.mx) el día miércoles, 15 de abril, 2009 a las 10:00:00 horas :

En respuesta a: Marina development in barra? escrito por Heather desde 71.106.211.108 (pool-71-106-211-108.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net) el día miércoles, 15 de abril, 2009 a las 07:59:37 horas :

>> I think it would be VERY detremental to the area <<

Well..... I think you mean that such 'vision' would be detrimental to the Natural Environment of the area.... to which I and many others on this board could not agree more!!

But, such 'Progress' certainly would not be "detrimental" to The Developers, nor to the local families profitably selling-off their ancestral lands.....

And as evidenced recently on this very board, such (rampant and destructive) new construction projects can apparently even be viewed as a rather WELCOME "vamping-up" of the general area, with even a "new hotel zone and some new attractions" while "granting many people new opportunities to make the towns business work"..... (albeit predictably an entirely NEW "town" of businesses altogether!)!!

Though, advance 'info' is certainly a bit hard to come by. And if History is of any value in the general area, all such projects are basically ‘A Done Deal’ (with backhoes a rollin!) well in advance of overall Public Notification! ISR, preemptive investigative journalism seems all but DEAD amid today’s powerful ‘business climate'..... As is perhaps outspoken (and subsequently influential) Public Outrage!

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO