desarrollo en tu cara

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por ZihuaRob desde 189.179.137.201 (dsl-189-179-137-201-dyn.prod-infinitum.com.mx) el día miércoles, 15 de abril, 2009 a las 10:23:12 horas :

En respuesta a: Re: Marina development in barra? escrito por KR desde 189.163.53.97 (dsl-189-163-53-97-dyn.prod-infinitum.com.mx) el día miércoles, 15 de abril, 2009 a las 10:00:00 horas :

I take a more optimistic view that the project in La Barra simply AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN. For one, the land doesn't belong to the developers who want to build a marina. Second, a mangrove protection law pretty much puts the lagoon off limits to such development. Third, most locals are outraged by the idea and ready to do what they did to block the idiotic Zihuatanejo pier project. And fourth, the area in question is currently protected as a possible archaeological site.

Nevertheless, each time I look across Zihuatanejo Bay and see the construction above Playa Las Gatas I am reminded of the betrayal by locally born politicians and public servants who authorized the zoning change allowing not only over 40,000 squatters to steal the ecological zones of our hillsides but that also allowed development of luxury homes, hotels and condos on the once virgin hills above Las Gatas that gave Zihuatanejo it's picture postcard look. Such development was supposed to be limited to Ixtapa, but ex-mayor Amador Campos and his city council along with the state government betrayed the public trust and forever changed the future of Zihuatanejo from one we looked forward to full of hope to one full of problems that we will be trying to cope with for decades to come and that will cost us the very type of tourism we worked for so many years to attract. More and more locals are contemplating abandoning Zihuatanejo forever since they feel that our "responsible authorities" have abandoned us.

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO