Re: Buses, Troncones/Zihua

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por Ernie Gorrie desde 24.69.19.187 (S010600045a22feb8.gv.shawcable.net) el día lunes, 02 de octubre, 2006 a las 12:15:46 horas :

En respuesta a: Buses, Troncones/Zihua escrito por PaulL desde 4.240.120.240 (dialup-4.240.120.240.Dial1.Phoenix1.Level3.net) el día sábado, 30 de septiembre, 2006 a las 21:09:22 horas :

There are combis (shuttle vans) within the La Majahua and Troncones area. There is combi service from "downtown" Troncones to Highway 200 where there is a bus stop.

There is bus service with varying frequencey from there to Zihuatanejo and/or Ixtapa. Much of this service is provided by mini-buses. These tend to stop frequently. (If they stop at the Troncones turnoff, they are stopping at small locat1ons.)

Some large buses stop here as well sometimes. I think they might only stop at Troncones turnoff when they are dropping someone off, rather than to check whether anyone is going to Zihuatanejo.

There is probably someone stopping at this locat1on every half-hour during the daytime, sometimes more frequently.

For the return to Troncones, you'll want to be on the bus well before dark. I would plan on a couple of hours before sunset. You will likely be on one of the mini-buses. They all have their destinations painted on the front window. You will want on that includes "La Union". (Some only go as far as Pantla or Buena Vista.)

I'm guessing you are looking at around N$50/person each way and about 60-90 minutes, depending on connections.

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO