Re: Villa El Morro

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por cmenoni desde 75.132.198.243 (75-132-198-243.dhcp.stls.mo.charter.com) el día lunes, 06 de noviembre, 2006 a las 23:28:00 horas :

En respuesta a: Re: Villa El Morro escrito por Ashley desde 71.209.8.33 (71-209-8-33.bois.qwest.net) el día lunes, 06 de noviembre, 2006 a las 23:09:09 horas :

We stayed there last Feb. 2006. I have several comments, good and bad.

First of all, the good. The rooms, for the price, are to die for!! The kitchen, living room and bedroom had everything anyone could want, except there are NO little tiendas nearby to buy anything. Unless you are in really great shape, you will need to add taxi fare into your budget, which we did. Still, it was just not having the ability to just pick up a yogurt or beer at your whim.

The negatives: We prepaid $700 in April 2005. While we had not booked a specific room, we were welcomed and shown to a great corner room on the 2nd floor. Eduardo arrived later that day and collected our 2nd $700. The 2nd day, Eduardo came knocking, blaming his cleaning lady on giving us the "wrong" room. While we had booked in April 2005, for a room, AND pre-paid $700 for half our total costs, he claimed the "other people" had specifically requested the room, although, by their own admission, they had not booked until some time after us. When we requested a refund for our 2nd week, so we could go elsewhere, he refused. We moved to the interior room, (but without the spectacular view of the bay from the bathroom), but there was a general sense of resentment 3 ways between the other couple, us and Eduardo the rest of our 2 week stay.

Secondly, while my best friend was (now deceased) Canadian, the last 10 days of our stay, the place was taken over my French Canadians!!! They occupied all of the lounge chairs (very limited in number), never once offered to share, and basically refused to acknowlege that they understood one word of English.

By our 4th or 5th day, we vowed never to return. While I know that Rob and others consistently praise both Eduardo and his place, these are the experiences we had.

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO