Re: Land Banking at Barra

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por ZihuaRob desde 189.147.18.159 (dsl-189-147-18-159.prod-infinitum.com.mx) el día martes, 07 de noviembre, 2006 a las 10:31:16 horas :

En respuesta a: Re: Land Banking at Barra escrito por Maggie and Don desde 63.240.122.161 (063240122161.casecorp.com) el día martes, 07 de noviembre, 2006 a las 10:07:42 horas :

Development at La Barra is not necessarily a good thing per se. As far as I know the only development locals want to see is their road repaved, water and drainage services, and telephone services. Other than that I believe they are very content with their community's lifestyle and they hope to pass it on to their children intact. They actually enjoy their isolation from the ills of a larger society that has become corrupted and immoralized via mass media and self-serving politicians. They have been happy to share their community with the daily visitors and the few outsiders that have established residences there, but there will come a point where that may no longer be true if outsiders continue insisting on changing their community into something foreign to them, especially if they are made to feel like they have no control over their community's future or made to feel like outsiders in their own community.

I've watched over the years as this happened to La Ropa. Families were "relocated", bought out or forced out to make way for tourist development and homes for the wealthy. Now an entire community and their way of life has been literally erased. IMHO, the main attraction of La Ropa disappeared with them. It would be a crime to see this happen in La Barra also.

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO