Re: Land Banking at Barra

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por Judith Whitehead desde 189.147.40.100 (dsl-189-147-40-100.prod-infinitum.com.mx) el día martes, 07 de noviembre, 2006 a las 22:10:35 horas :

En respuesta a: Re: Land Banking at Barra escrito por Laura desde 69.19.14.33 (dpc691914033.direcpc.com) el día martes, 07 de noviembre, 2006 a las 11:29:10 horas :

Seeing as how I am in the real estate business and have sold some land on the beach out at Playa Blanca and Barra, I think this is pure gossip about any development going on in the area. Not that there aren't many people who see the beautiful expanse of white sand beach as their own opportunity to bust open the golden egg and take everything they can before going on to look for the next one, but the truth is that the majority of land in that area has so many title problems that it will take till the end of the world to straighten them out. One time when I was in Mexico City in 1991 a taxi driver who worked from the hotel I was staying in, who knew that I was in the real estate business, asked me to look at a piece of land he had bought back in the early 70's, and gave me a copy of some kind of title that he possessed. Turns out it had been a huge real estate scam way back even then before there was electricity in the area. A "developer" showed prospective clients maps that he had parceled out pieces and was selling as legally titled land. After selling many parcels it was discovered that there was no legal title as it was still tied up in the agricultural equivalent of ejido land. You can imagine if that has been going on for so many years what it will take to ever get it all straightened out. I think we will all be dead and gone for a century before anyone will be able to buy enough clear titled land to build the kind of development that is contemplated.

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO