Re: From the Horse's Arse

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por ZihuaRob desde 189.147.18.159 (dsl-189-147-18-159.prod-infinitum.com.mx) el día miércoles, 08 de noviembre, 2006 a las 10:36:22 horas :

En respuesta a: From the Horse's Mouth escrito por FYI desde 70.89.178.9 (?) el día miércoles, 08 de noviembre, 2006 a las 09:51:39 horas :

Gracias, Rizado. You should send them the URL for this message board. See if they have the cojones to reply here. They sound like greedy clueless wonders to me, and their purported goal of increasing land values means current La Barra residents and their children (the Mexican ones) won't be able to buy local land or even pay their land taxes.

Notice to what lengths they and apparently the Mexican government (if their statement is true) have gone to keep the locals in the dark. Why should the locals be the last to know about this planned development? The developer's actions thus far demonstrate a complete disregard and lack of respect for the local community. Apparently they aren't meant to be part of the plan.

Then again, could be some shady characters in the Mexican government are also pulling a fast one on the developers. Shady is as shady does (excuse me Mr. Gump).

There are simply too many locals who would be negatively affected by making a marina out of the lagoon. One entire community depends on the lagoon for salt production. Others for their fishing sustenance. Not to mention the ecological repercussions that also won't go over well with ANY locals.

Just amazing how unscrupulous and greedy some capitalist developers can still be in this day and age.

Sign me,
Thoroughly Disgusted

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO