Re: From the Horse's Arse

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por ZihuaRob desde 189.147.18.159 (dsl-189-147-18-159.prod-infinitum.com.mx) el día miércoles, 08 de noviembre, 2006 a las 15:36:46 horas :

En respuesta a: Re: From the Horse's Arse escrito por Laura desde 66.82.9.82 (AC5-Webproxy61.direcpc.com) el día miércoles, 08 de noviembre, 2006 a las 13:39:50 horas :

I now realize I misspoke when I said the locals were in the dark. I just spoke with another landowner there who informed me he received a CD of the planned development from the gov't.

I also spoke with someone else, a well known local ecologist, who may be able to help. We'd both like to pool our resources with you and do what we can to protect the community of La Barra and its lagoon. You should expect to hear from my friend soon since I asked him to contact you.

It is more than cynical, more like morally unethical, for the state and federal governments to call this megaproject something that will benefit the people of the Costa Grande of Guerrero. Displacing and erasing local communities, turning its remnants into servants and mostly employing people from other places (as they've done in Ixtapa) in order to make some outsiders (and the politicians that support them) rich and others "comfortable" in their luxury condos is the antithesis of fomenting wellbeing for the community. Tourist development at the expense of the community is against everything I believe in. The wishes and interests of the community should always come first.

------------------------
"There's a home place under fire tonight in the Heartland
And the bankers are takin' my home and my land from me
There's a big achin' hole in my chest now where my heart was
And a hole in the sky where God used to be."

Bob Dylan

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO