followup

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por ZihuaRob desde 189.147.57.186 (dsl-189-147-57-186.prod-infinitum.com.mx) el día jueves, 30 de noviembre, 2006 a las 10:56:07 horas :

En respuesta a: George Irby from 1969 escrito por Larry L. White desde 207.69.137.205 (ca1462-ch01-bl06.ma-cambridg0.sa.earthlink.net) el día lunes, 16 de octubre, 2006 a las 17:17:52 horas :

I just wanted to follow up on this. Larry also e-mailed me before posting his message here, and I told him that I suspected that Casa Elvira on the waterfront in downtown Zihuatanejo was the place his friend was associated with. After Larry visited here recently and stopped by the restaurant to inquire about his friend, Mama Elvira confirmed that George Irby was indeed associated with the restaurant back then, and he had been one of Zihuatanejo's most popular regular visitors in those days.

Here is a letter I received from Larry and his wife Becky after their visit here this year:
-------------

Rob:

You and your wonderful wife were right on! My wife, Becky and I found this lady in the Casa Elvira, as you suggested. I said "Are you Mama Elvira?". She said "Si". I said, "I am Jorge's Amigo".

Mama Elvira started sighing and crying, and grabbing my hand, saying Jorge, Jorge. It was a wonderful experience. The older gentleman at the front entrance, also talked about him. George died in 1974, it was unbelievable. She, through her waiter told us many things. She said that George came down every year, which I knew, but he had actually lived there in one of her rooms for one whole year. That he was a great friend, and it was his idea to name the restaurant Casa Elvira, and that he loved to help her.

George was a tremendous chef. I remembered that he loved the Oysters Rockefeller. I tried them and they were absolutely outstanding. I asked her if this was Jorge's recipe. She just smiled.

I thank you for your help. She is an absolute Queen and we have made a great friend.

Larry & Becky White
-------------

Larry and Becky, helping people like you is what this website is all about!

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO